Casino Game Blackjack

Online Blackjack

Blackjack is one of the most popular gambling games both online and at land based casinos. If you are familiar with the game of blackjack and wish to develop a strong playing strategy then read on. To succeed at blackjack gambling you must have a winning strategy under your belt. A great blackjack strategy is to simplify the deck mentally. The cards are simply Ace to 9 plus four 10’s. The chance of any number being turned over is 7.7%. In other words there is a 1 in 13 chance of hitting any particular number except for number 10 which has a 31% chance (4 in 13).

Obviously, what numbers your first two cards are will dictate the odds of you busting with the next card. When you get 12 upwards with your first two cards you should always stand (unless it is a soft number of course i.e. with an ace). This is because even with 12 there is a 31% chance you’ll bust. Or even if you don’t bust you will be no better off unless you get a card that takes you to the count of 17-21. So even on 12 you will need a 5,6,7,8 or 9 to make it worth the risk, but there is only a 38% chance of that happening (i.e. it won’t work 62% of the time). So to hit on anything higher than 12 would be even more risky when gambling on blackjack.

However there are some exceptions to this “standing on 12 upwards” rule when gambling on blackjack. This is particularly important when the bank/dealer has an ace. This is because the bank is much less likely to bust so it’s best to try and get between 17 and 21. Also when the bank gets a 10 there is a 61% chance it will get a 7 or higher (including ace) and so not bust. This means there is a 39% chance it wont get these cards but even then it still may not bust on the third card or fourth and so on. So under this scenario you should try to get between 17 and 21 without busting if you can when gambling on blackjack.If the bank gets a 7, 8 or 9 you should also try and get 17 to 21 for the same reasons as explained above – but the risk is less to you the lower the card. Always double your stake when you get 10 or 11 and the bank has a 5 or 6 because the odds are very much in your favor that you will win this bet for the majority of times unless you are being very unlucky. Check out the chart below for an idea of how to formulate a strong blackjack gambling strategy.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *